Sunday, March 02, 2008

Photos from Nicaragua









Here's a lake in Nicaragua that contains fresh water sharks! I don't think I'll be doing any swimming there.

These are volcanoes on an Island in the lake. I think this island may be where I take my next trip to.








You can definitely see that it's poor here too. Even the horses were starving! It was sad to see. I asked the ladies about that and they said that when they left it was because they were afraid of the army. Now after the war there is no work which means no food.

The architecture was amazing! Of course there were Catholic churches in every square just like in Costa Rica. We were able to be out after dark in the towns with no fear at all. The school kids were still out so we figured it had to be safe.






The houses in town were beautiful! They looked very modest from the outside but they all opened into a courtyard and the rooms were all off to the sides. They were amazing! We stayed at a hostel that was really more like a bed and breakfast. I don't even have the words to explain it and unfortunately I didn't take good pictures of it either! Sorry. I will try to do better next time.

No comments: