Sunday, March 09, 2008

Volcan Poas

I made my 5th or 6th trip to the volcano today. It was different than usual though. I went on the bus with some friends. I think the bus trip was definitely more entertaining than the volcano. For me anyway. It is really cool and all that, the lake is also beautiful and of course since it's summer here the weather is amazing! Typical of buses in Latin America, they let as many people on the bus as can cram in. The way up the mountain we were lucky enough to have seats together. We were of course separated by the people standing in the aisle over the top of us. We did the tour of the volcano, the lake, the gift shop, and had lunch. We knew we needed to be back at the bus by2 because it was leaving at 2:30. Yeah, so at 1:45 we headed to the bus and there was a long, and I mean long line already there. I thought we were crammed in on the way up. That was nothing compared to how many people were in there on the way down. It was almost as much fun as a ride at the amusement park though. You figure we're standing in the aisle, the trip is about 2 hours, it's down a mountain, the roads here leave a lot to be desired. Get the picture?!

No comments: