Monday, August 20, 2007

Guatemala

The first part of August I was able to take a trip to Guatemala. It was beautiful! The people were very friendly and most spoke English which was very good for me. (My Spanish still stinks!) I went there to meet up with a group from True North Church. They are partnering with a church in Guatemala. So that's where we spent most of our time. The church has started a new church out in a much poorer community and they also provide a health clinic there as well. That was one of the purposes for this trip. The team came to assist with a health clinic. The clinic was for 3 days. Two of them were at the church in the small town, but one day we went on the road to a refugee village and saw patients there as well. That was pretty cool. It reminded me some of the precario but the houses were definitely in better shape and not so many people crowded into one small area. I have a few pictures, not many because I am terrible at taking pictures. I'm usually busy doing other things. So anyway here are a few and some of them are of here too. I will have more of just Guatemala later. The team is compiling a CD with everyone's photos so as soon as I get that I will post it.
http://joyncostarica.shutterfly.com/action/?a=8AYtnLly1buGIn

No comments: