Thursday, July 26, 2007

A trip to the dentist

I went to the dentist today. I know that sounds a little scary considering I'm in Costa Rica. The dentists here only go to school for 4 years. Actually it was a very good trip. My dentist speaks English which is very helpful when someone is working on your mouth and you can't think of the Spanish word for-- ow that hurts! Just kidding! There was no pain involved, either during the process or when I was paying. I had my teeth cleaned, a tooth repaired and a cavity filled. All of this only took 30 minutes! That in itself was pretty amazing. Also I didn't get a shot of any kind. No need for one. She uses a water drill that doesn't hurt one bit. When it was time to go and pay it only cost me $50 for everything! Isn't that the craziest thing you've ever heard of?! Even with dental insurance in the states I had to pay at least $100 just to have my teeth cleaned not to mention the other procedures I had done. So if you need any dental work done you would save money even with the plane ticket to have it done down here in beautiful Costa Rica. Just thought you might like to know.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

So...can I tell my boss that I need four days off to go to the dentist? :-D